Trident Land Transfer strongly recommends the Enhanced Title Policy to our homebuyers. This policy provides the most comprehensive coverage available for a modest one-time premium. The enhanced policy includes important coverages not provided in standard policies:
- Appreciation in Property Value. Standard policies do not increase their coverage amount as the property increases in value. The enhanced policy will increase coverage by 10% per year for 5 years up to 150% of the original policy limit.
- Encroachments & Adverse Possession. Standard policies do not cover encroachments such as a neighbor’s fence or structure over a property line. Enhanced policies provide coverage for such encroachments, and also cover adverse possession which occurs when an encroachment exists for a period of uninterrupted years as defined in state law.
- Zoning, Subdivision & Building Permit Violations. Enhanced coverage policies provide coverage if it turns out the property is not zoned for residential 1-4 family use, is in violation of subdivision regulations, or if there is a defect or lack of a building permit.
- Easements. Enhanced policies offer coverage for easement encroachments such as deeded driveways, drainage easements, utility easements, beach and walking paths, etc.
- Expanded Insured. Enhanced policies transfer to inheriting heirs, related family trusts and their beneficiaries.
- Expanded Access. Enhanced policies guarantee that the home has adequate vehicular and foot access over adequate streets or roads if there’s a title defect rendering the lot “land-locked.”
|Pennsylvania Enhanced Policy||New Jersey Enhanced Policy|